JackTrip – A System for High-Quality Audio Network Performance over the Internet from Stanford.edu.
JackTrip is quite difficult to install and set up:
- Get jacktrip from https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/jacktrip/.
- Make sure everybody is using an ethernet connection.
- Have each member install and test qjackctl and jacktrip locally using a loopback server.
- Server sets up port forwarding 4464 TCP/UDP and 61002-61009 UDP.
- Server starts in hub mode with jacktrip -S -p4 or jacktrip -S -p2.
- Members connect to server jacktrip -C <server-ip-address> -n1 or jacktrip -C <server-ip-address> -n1 -q 8 .
- Server might need to adjust qjackctl connections.